Where there is great love, expect miracles.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

*Baby Baby Baby*






*I have seriously proved myself to be the worlds worst blogger. And I have so many important things to blog! So I shall try to be as organized as possible..*




1. The Birth Story
I was barely huge.

* The Dr told me at my last appointment that I was probably going to go early. Big
mistake. I was in the middle of taking all the biggest tests of my life so I was already stressed big time. Of course as soon as I took the last test, (thankfully I passed them all and now have my hygiene license. yay!) I was ready for baby to come out. Didn't quite pan out that way and I had to wait THREE more weeks until I could get induced. So Jan. 3rd. we got to St Lukes Hospital in Boise at 7 am. They immediately started me on Pitocin for a few hours. The contractions started right away but seemed bearable. Dr. C came in, checked me and broke my water. Once my water was broke it was a whole different story. These contractions were BAD. Like the insides of guts were shattering. The nurses wanted me to walk around while and try and bring the baby down. We would walk about 2 minutes and then I would lean against the wall in just straight anguish as a contraction would come on. Finally after 3 hours, I decided that enough was enough and I needed an epidural! The Anesthesiologist finally made his appearance 35 minutes later and gave me an epidural. It was blissful to watch the contraction on the monitor peak all the way up and for me to not feel a thing! Finally a few hours later we were ready to start pushing. I pushed in every angle, way and position I knew how. This baby was stuck! I had been pushing for almost 2 hours when I just looked at her at one point and started to cry and said "Mom I can't do this! She then reassured me that I could and I would. Finally after 2 and a half hours of pushing, Christian James made his appearance! All 8 pounds 11 ounces of him! I was so relieved because I though seriously they were going to have to do a C- Section with him. He was laid right on my chest and I instantly fell madly in love with him! And it has been that was ever since.













2. After Birth Story:

The past 2 and half months have been such roller coaster. Figuring out the whole parenting thing can be emotionally draining. With that said, it is seriously the most wonderful thing I have ever done. Mitch and I are so in love with Christian James Miller. He has brought more meaning to our life than we knew we needed. He makes me able to feel the Spirit so much more in my life. I feel closer to the Lord through Christians presence. I'm an in love mommy!
*I would be lying if I said there were moments that I wo
ust rock him and bawl. For no known reason. Bawled because I loved him, bawled because I didn't want to ruin him, bawled because I felt fat, bawled because breastfeeding was so hard, bawled because it was no longer just going to be Mitch and me, bawled and bawled. Luckily my amazing parents and husband were there to support me. Even in my craziest moments.
moments. But I know that's normal. And I'm back to my old self again. :)


3. Christian grows up every single day.
This little boy is growing right before our very eyes! Here is a little about Christian:
1. He LOVES cuddling on his dad. (Obviously!)














2. He loves to be very expressive and makes all sorts of funny
faces. I like to capture all these moments and our lives have turned into daily photo shoots. Don't judge non-mothers..one day you'll be the same:)







3. He LOVES to eat. In fact, he eats so much that I seriously can't keep up with the boy! I have to supplement formula everyday. It makes me sad and I keep trying to only breast feed, but
then he is grumpy so I feel like he is starving so I will give him formula after he nurses. I think I gave him a bottle too soon when I went back to work. Dang:( So..needless to say, this boy is a chunk!!


4. He is my very best friend (aside from Mitch) we like to do all so
rts of things together. Walks to the park, lunch with friends, newborn pictures, photo shoots with other babies, etc. He
is my everything now! I can't imagine life without my little buddy!

3 comments:

  1. All of us are updating yeah!! HE IS PRECIOUS AND I LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH, even if i haven't personally met him I am still in love. (think Brad pitt, don't know him, but still love him.)

    I forgot he was such a bIG BABY! WOW~ You rock! you two are the best parents I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful recap! You are an adorable mama!!!

    ReplyDelete