Where there is great love, expect miracles.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

*a baby bumpy and feeling frumpy*

I have some news since my last post...
it starts with an.. I'm and ends with a.. pregnant!
I found out in May while visiting Mitch in Georgia.
If you are a Full House lover like myself then you remember the episode where Becky tries to tell Jesse she is pregnant at dinner.
I kinda love Becky, so I stole the idea and made Mitch a baby themed dinner.
*BABY corn, BABY backribs, BABY potatoes...*
(He didn't get it.)
So I told him to go into the bathroom and look on the counter.
(Where the P test was.)
He came out of the bathroom looking quite shocked and said..(and I quote EXACTLY)
"Wait...what?...is this yours? How? From..(ahem)...last night?"
Oh wow did I LOL for a long time..
(No sweetheart, I'm 5 weeks pregnant, not 5 hours pregnant)
After his shock wore off he got quite excited and it was a very sweet moment.
Since I'm just your typical cliche Mormon gal wanting to document her pregnancy..here are some highlights from the past 3 months..
*Had my first Dr. appointment and was able to get an ultrasound. The baby looked more like a blob on the screen, but seeing the heartbeat was unreal.
*Felt great for the first month and a half
*Haven't felt so great for the past month and a half
*(but stilll very much in love with this baby despite..)
*Crave bagels and cream cheese and NOTHING else
*No seriously, everything else sounds repulsive to me.
*Have been taking a pharmacology class in school and have now become totally neurotic about everything that could be harmful to the baby. I'm seriously annoying.
*Just your typical emotional wreck that cries at the allstate commercial.
*Have a brain that now only functions at about 13%. Ask me if I tried to take a pan out of the oven with my bare hands because I just simply forgot it would burn me.
*Have had 3 dreams about a cute curly haired boy who looks just like his daddy. (Not saying I know for SURE it's a boy..but I have my gut feeling.)
*Think NUMEROUS times a day about my own Mother and how amazing she is for doing this EIGHT times!
*Say a prayer of thanks every morning and night for being blessed with this little baby who I don't even know but already love.


* I wish I could lie and say I'm one of those girls that just feels beautiful being pregnant..but I do not. I feel like a frump most of the time. Good thing I just wear scrubs all day and have a husband who is 2 thousand miles away..I'll frump around all I want.


7 comments:

  1. You are not frumpy one bit! You are so tiny and cute. So happy for you guys. And, I was 150% sure that Z was a boy...but she is all girl! Even the Chinese Wizard was 150% sure too. Both of us were wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're going to be the cutest mom. I highly doubt you look frumpy either! I love (for the record) that you are going to document everything, so don't let the idea of being cliche stop you!

    CONGRATS AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! I am so happy for you! Your life sounds alot like mine right now. I crave bagels and cream cheese all the time too! I don't really even eat those that much. I bought some bagels and my husband asked, "since when do you eat bagels?" Anyway, I am excited for you! AND you look beautiful no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO excited! Hope the Parowan cafe has bagels and cream cheese! can't wait to see the baby bump!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to be such an amazing and good mom! You look so cute in this picture Jenni and we are so excited for you guys! can't wait to find out what you are having and you SO DO NOT look frumpy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! You are so not frumpy. YOu are the cutest prego I have ever seen.
    Here is a link to my blog: http://fiveforfun.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute Jenni. I am really so excited for you to have a curly head boy :) Once you do you will need to update your blog a lot more often so we can see him! That is also what mormon gals do :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete